Sunday, June 13, 2010

Half Dome

Half Dome







I really didn't understand how intense of a hike Half Dome was before I started. I realized it was going to be hard when at 5 am me and Justin were climbing up steep stairs under a waterfall and getting drenched with water while my legs were burning from the incline. About 5 hours later, after a draining morning I was on top of the sub-dome, which had stunning views of all Yosemite Valley. Unfortunately due to snow still being on top of the actual dome, the cables leading the side were not set up. Some dare devils were still willing to use the slack-y cables without the wooden steps to officially complete the climb but since I like myself and living too much I decided to hold off on going to the very top until next time when the cables are actually set up ha. My legs are still sore!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Phoebe, awesome shot of half dome. I'll go up with you next time with the cables.

    ReplyDelete